27 June 2019 – Just useful and interesting UK & EEA Immigration Law news and updates from the Legal Centre – Open 7 days a week - www.legalcentre.org – Mob : +44(0)7791145923

>>> Detention in a young offender insti***ion can nullify enhanced protection against deportation: https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2019/1052.html

Detention in a young offender insti***ion has much the same impact on an EU citizen’s enhanced protection against deportation as imprisonment in an adult jail, the Court of Appeal has held. The case is Secretary of State for the Home Department v Viscu [2019] EWCA Civ 1052.

>>> ECB05: where to apply for the UK Visa: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...to-apply-ecb05

1. Applications for short-term visas, EEA family permits, Tier 5 and Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)

You can make applications for a visit visa, a short-term study visa, an EEA family permit, Tier 5 or Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) entry clearance in any visa application centre, British diplomatic mission or consular post overseas where entry clearance applications are accepted.

You should be present legally in the country or territory you’re applying from.

2. Applications for other entry clearance

Applications for other types of entry clearance should be made in the country in which you are living.